DesignBigger.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Whenever anyone asks me for a product recommendation, I tell them to buy a product meant specifically for big and heavy people. Why? Because they are typically overbuilt and use much higher quality materials than the average item. Heavy duty bar stools are no different. Whether you heavy or not, getting bar stools that support 300 lbs or more will ensure that they last much longer before they start showing wear.
When I was younger, we had an island in the middle of our kitchen which we sat at for most of our casual meals. I don’t know where my mom found the bar stools we used but they were all-wooden construction with a seat that wasn’t even comfortable for my 14-year-old behind. They were narrow, they were hard, they were uncomfortable. Now that I am much larger (and in charge of putting bar stools at my own island) I told myself that nothing but heavy duty bar stools would cut it. I demand stability and comfort! Lucky for me, I found lots of options:
Best height of barstools for heavy people?
Since you’re already shopping for heavy duty bar stools, you’re probably aware that you need something that’s a different height than a chair. However, it does lead to the question, “what height do you need?” Well, it depends on where you’re sticking them!
Generally speaking, there are stools meant for counters and stools meant for bars. While chairs in the 30″ range can often be used for either, if you are particularly tall or short you’ll want to take special notice of the height of whatever heavy duty bar stools you pick up.
Whether you’re big and heavy or just want heavy duty bar stools, there are a few characteristics that make them more comfortable, versatile, and useful:
- Weight Capacity. This is the first and most obvious hallmark of heavy duty bar stools. Any bar stools for heavy weight will be made of higher quality materials than the average chairs and will last longer for every user. So if you want them to last longer, get high weight capacity bar stools.
- No Arm Rests. Arm rests see very little use on bar stools but come with several problems. One of the main problems with armrests in that they limit width. If you are plus size, you want a plus size stool with a wide seat and no barriers to squeeze between. Also, armed bar stools/chairs tend to be more expensive than the average stool.
- Wide Seat: Typical bar stools seats range from 15-21″ in width. If you have a large bottom, a wider stool top will be far more comfortable.
- Foot Rest: Having a foot rest on a bar stool gives everyone a spot to rest their feet, no matter their height. If you’re heavy and short, sitting on a tall bar stool can be very uncomfortable and cut into the back of your legs. We chose chairs with at least one foot rest height to cater to a greater variety of people.
- Non-pointed Feet. Some “heavy duty bar stools” have legs that taper down into nearly pointed ends. While such feet might work for average people, if you weigh over 300lbs, you’ll find that tiny feet have a far greater tendency to damage floors, especially in you have hardwood. We looked for stools with larger and more stable feet.
And that’s it! Beyond those characteristics, the type of bar stool you want is largely based on personal preference. You might need padding, a back to rest against, a weight capacity far over 300lbs, etc. We found 6 high weight capacity bar stools with very different styles and features so, odds are, you’ll find one you love among them! Let’s check them out!
Budget Heavy Duty 300lb Capacity Bar Stool
If you need a basic set of bar stools that will support over 300 pounds, these are for you. Their all-metal construction with x-braces and angled legs combine to give these stools a weight rating of 330lbs!
In addition to the great price and high weight capacity, these bar stools these stools have some killer characteristics which make them our number one budget choice:
- The rust and scratch-resistant coating will keep these chairs looking awesome for years whether you use them inside or out.
- Unlike the other bar stools on this list, these stack for storage so, if you need bar seating for guests or only on special occasions, these will take up the least amount of space when not in use.
- While the legs are pretty pointy, they are all capped with non-slip rubber feet which keep the stool from moving around while also protecting your floors.
- These stools ship from Amazon completely assembled so you can start using and enjoying them right when they’re delivered!
- These chairs are available in several colors and two heights (24″ & 30″) meaning you will be able to find just the right look and fit for your table or bar.
The only con of this chair (in my opinion) is that they don’t have a backrest. Otherwise, they go well with almost any design aesthetic, are sturdy, and are excellently priced! So, if they fit the bill for you, get a set of 4 today!
All Wood Heavy Duty Bar Stools
If you love everything about the above stools but really like the idea of wood, this solid acacia wood set from Cucunu will be a great fit! They have the same 330lb capacity at the same 30″ height so you’ll never have to worry about whether they’re high capacity enough!
In addition to the weight capacity, these stools have foot rests, and soft foot covers which will make them at home no matter where you put them! Although, unless you play on painting or refinishing them in the future I wouldn’t keep them outdoors.
The only drawback to these stools is their very average seat width. If you have an extra-wide rear end, you might want to look for something a bit wider and supportive.
Otherwise, pick these up at a great deal for a set of two!
High Weight Capacity Bar Stools with Adjustable Height
If you want to the combination of heavy duty, wood, spinning, and ultra-high capacity, these stools will do the job! The sport a 440 pound capacity and adjust from 23.4″ to 33 inches which is sufficient to fit at almost any bar or counter!
While these stools have a ton of character, they are versatile enough to fit in anywhere from a farmhouse to an industrial-style kitchen. The strong and rust-resistant frame, as well as the upgraded ultra thick (but rounded) wood top, ensures that these chairs will last for years to come while looking great!
Best All Around 300lb Capacity Bar Stools
If you are looking for a classic heavy duty bar stool in a mechanic’s-store style, these will fit the bill! The two rings provide an ultra strong and rigid base that will support up to 500 pounds!
In addition to the high capacity, these ultra-thick cushions are made of high-quality foam which will not break down over time while remaining soft and comfortable. And the seat? Yes, it swivels. Finding stools of this style that will swivel while supporting 500lbs is extremely difficut and Flash Furniture is one of the few companies that has the ability to do create them.
The top vinyl is available in either black or red which ensures that these stools can either blend in with your decor or add a pop of color to an area that needs a little spice. They are available in sets of one or (if you want a better deal) two so grab some now!
High Weight Capacity Bar Stools
High capacity bar stool? Check. Plush seat covered in durable vinyl? Check. Swiveling base with back rest? Double check!
If you don’t consider these to be bar stools for heavy weight then we aren’t on the same page. These are capable of supporting 500 pounds comfortable which remaining comfortable and stable. While the back rests aren’t for every style, they sure do make sitting at a bar more comfortable (and safer, depending on what kind of drinks you’re serving…)
These are the most cost-effective 500lb capacity swiveling bar stools with backs that we know of! Flash Furniture knocked it out of the park again!
The only con with these stools is that they measure a full 32″ to the seat, meaning they might not work for you if your bar or counter is too short. If you have a normal height bar though, these are great in every way!
Strongest Indoor/Outdoor Heavy Duty Bar Stools
If you are looking for high capacity bar stools for an outdoor area, this is the strongest and most durable option on the market! Capable of supporting up to 750 pounds, this all metal chair can be left outside with impunity. The price you pay for this high level of durability is foregoing a cushion but, if you’re anything like me, you have a good amount of cushion on your backside already.
This all-welded frame with a rust-resistant ecoating is made to literally last a lifetime. They are resistant to both UV rays and rust which are the main killers of outdoor chairs. So, if you need a high capacity bar stool with a back rest, pick up a couple of these!
Hopefully, you found what you were looking for! Finding bar stools that support 300 pounds really isn’t that hard, but finding bar stools that support 300 pounds or more while swiveling, remaining comfortable, and not ruining your floor is a bit harder. This is why we literally spent a dozen hours researching and testing chairs so we could recommend the best 6 to you! So scroll back up and pick the one you want, or just save yourself some time and get our most highly recommended heavy duty bar stools!
Other Articles You’ll Love:
Last update on %last_update% / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API